ESMAP is governed by a Consultative Group (CG) comprising representatives from contributing donors, and chaired by the Senior Director of the World Bankâ€™s Energy and Extractives Global Practice. The CG meets annually to review ESMAPâ€™s strategic direction, achievements, use of resources and funding requirements.
A Technical Advisory Group (TAG) of international experts appointed by the CG provides an independent evaluation of ESMAPâ€™s progress and strategic direction. The TAG also provides advice on current and emerging energy issues globally, likely to impact ESMAPâ€™s work.
- ESMAP partnered with Australia, Austria, United Kingdom, Japan, Germany, and Norway in support of IFCâ€™s Lighting Myanmar program
- In cooperation with Australia, Denmark, Finland, France, and Germany, ESMAP is funding a study on Afghanistanâ€™s electricity grid
- In support of the Lighting Africa program, ESMAP and IFC have partnered with Austria, Denmark, The Netherlands, Norway, and United Kingdom
- ESMAP is working with France on energy efficiency for Bangladesh, Pakistan, and India; the Geothermal Power Generation Project; the Niger Electricity Access Expansion Project; and the Energy Efficiency Action Plan for West Bank and Gaza
- The National Electrification Strategy in Mozambique is coordinated by ESMAP, Germany, Japan, Norway, Sweden, and United Kingdom
- In collaboration with Germany, ESMAP is funding the Clean Cooking activities in India, and hosting the data on wind measurement in Vietnam
- With support from ESMAP, Austria, and Germany, the Caribbean Sustainable Energy Roadmap and Strategy Platform was developed
- Japan and ESMAP worked together on subsidy reform in Jordan
- ESMAP and United Kingdom are working together to assess potential for geothermal power in Dominica and St. Lucia