The World Bank's Energy Sector Management Assistance Program (ESMAP), and the Latin America and the Caribbean Region are convened the Gender and Geothermal Development Workshop in from March 25-27, 2019.
The objective of the workshop was to strengthen the understanding of geothermal development and gender in geothermal operations of energy sector colleagues and other key stakeholders in the Caribbean. The discussions spanned two days and covered the following topics culminating with a field visit:
- Geothermal Perspectives Worldwide – Promoting Female Participation in the Sector;
- Gender in Geothermal Initiatives in the Caribbean;
- Geothermal Utilization: Addressing Gender Issues in the Sector;
- ESMAP Gender and Geothermal Note;
- Interactive Gender and Energy Learning Tools and Materials;
- Project Management and Finances with a Gender Perspective.
The workshop brought together academia, officials from energy, finance, and planning ministries. Experts from the World Bank Group, United Nations (UN), International Geothermal Association (IGA), Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), and other partners were in attendance.
Presentations (in Alphabetical order, by speaker's first name)
- Saint Lucia's Geothermal Exploration Program (GRDP, RESDP): Best Practices & Gender Components. By: Aloysius Barthelmy
- Geothermal Utilization. By Andy Blair
- Partnering for Growth and Success. By Andy Blair
- Women in Geothermal: Objectives. By Charlin Bodley
- Gender and Energy Role Playing. By Elisabeth Maier
- Geothermal Perspectives: Experiences from Iceland. By Erla Hjalmarsdottir
- Geothermal Project Management: Leadership, Ethics, and Communications. By Erla Hjalmarsdottir
- Introduction to Capacity Building in the Caribbean Region and the Need to be Inclusive in the Renewable Energy Space. By Indra Haraksingh
- Gender Equality in The Geothermal Energy Sector. By Inka Schomer and Thrainn Fridriksson
- Introduction to Gender Based Violence. By Inka Schomer
- Geothermal Energy in The OECS. By Judith Ephraim
- Geothermal Center of Excellence in Guadeloupe. By Julien Laffont
- Geothermal Perspectives Worldwide: Promoting Female Participation in the Sector. By Marit Brommer
- Geothermal Project Develpoment. By Thrainn Fridriksson