The World Bank's Energy Sector Management Assistance Program (ESMAP), and the Latin America and the Caribbean Region are convening the Gender and Geothermal Development Workshop in from March 25-27, 2019.
The objective of the workshop is to strengthen the understanding of geothermal development and gender in geothermal operations of energy sector colleagues and other key stakeholders in the Caribbean. The discussions will span two days and will cover the following topics and will culminate with a field visit:
- Geothermal Perspectives Worldwide – Promoting Female Participation in the Sector;
- Gender in Geothermal Initiatives in the Caribbean;
- Geothermal Utilization: Addressing Gender Issues in the Sector;
- ESMAP Gender and Geothermal Note;
- Interactive Gender and Energy Learning Tools and Materials;
- Project Management and Finances with a Gender Perspective.
The workshop will bring together academia, officials from energy, finance, and planning ministries. Experts from the World Bank Group, United Nations (UN), International Geothermal Association (IGA), Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), and other partners will also attend.
All workshop materials will be posted at the end of the event.